Spitblood Frog Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can anybody tell me why Eric Hyman turned down Jamie Dixon?

4 posters

Go down

Can anybody tell me why Eric Hyman turned down Jamie Dixon? Empty Can anybody tell me why Eric Hyman turned down Jamie Dixon?

Post  Ribbit79 Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:32 pm

Does anyone know the reason Eric Hyman picked Neil Dogherty over Jamie Dixon?!!! The same Jamie Dixon who beat Texas at the buzzer, won national coach of the year, pulled injured motorists from their car, won and international championship as coach.
Ribbit79
Ribbit79

Back to top Go down

Can anybody tell me why Eric Hyman turned down Jamie Dixon? Empty Re: Can anybody tell me why Eric Hyman turned down Jamie Dixon?

Post  Lyle Lanley Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:05 pm

Well, to be fair- the national coach of the year award, the international title and the roadside heroics hadn't happened at the time that the hire was made. Yes, in hindsight Dixon would've been an infinitely better choice than Dougherty...but if you remember at the time, we were all pretty thrilled at the prospect of Roy Williams' right-hand man at KU coming to coach the Frogs.

I couldn't tell you the exact reason, but if you look at Hyman's other major contributions as AD: hiring Patterson and Schlossnagle, building Lupton- I think it's safe to say he followed fairly decent logic even though his decision ended up being a poor one. Who knows? Maybe Dixon was asking for more money than the TCU administration would let Hyman spend on a new coach?
Lyle Lanley
Lyle Lanley

Back to top Go down

Can anybody tell me why Eric Hyman turned down Jamie Dixon? Empty Re: Can anybody tell me why Eric Hyman turned down Jamie Dixon?

Post  spitpurple Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:41 am

Was Jaime seriously under consideration?
spitpurple
spitpurple

Back to top Go down

Post  Ribbit79 Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:01 pm

Good Point Lyle I hadn't given Eric enough credit for the good moves he made. And Spit from what I hear he was seriously interested in the job. Does anyone know if he got a formal interview?
Ribbit79
Ribbit79

Back to top Go down

Can anybody tell me why Eric Hyman turned down Jamie Dixon? Empty Hello

Post  susanexpress Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:46 pm

The question you asked is the one I want to konw.

susanexpress

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum